Sie sind hier
|Kontakt:||Dr Chiara Galante|
The Institute of Molecular Biology gGmbH (IMB) is a Centre of Excellence for Life Sciences on the campus of the Johannes Gutenberg University (JGU) in Mainz. As part of its commitment to training junior researchers, IMB’s Scientific Management coordinates an annual International Summer School (ISS) on “Gene Regulation, Epigenetics & Genome Stability” (www.imb.de/ISS). To support the ISS Coordinator, we are looking for a part-time Assitant Coordinator at the earliest opportunity.
Your tasks will include supporting the ISS Coordinator in the following areas:
- Organisation of the ISS (which will take place via an online platform in August 2021), incl. planning and organisation of events, preparing and editing of text documents and presentations, and compiling statistics
- Managing applications and the selection process for the ISS
- Managing the ISS’s alumni group and serving as contact point for alumni and current members
- Maintaining the ISS’s webpages and other outreach activities
- Coordinating reporting and evaluations of the ISS
We are looking for dynamic and creative person who has
- Strong communication skills and experience in international contexts
- Very good organisational skills and attention to detail
- A very good command of English, both written and spoken (the working language at IMB is English and the ISS will be held entirely in English)
- Good PC knowledge (MS Office, incl. Excel and PowerPoint)
- An outgoing personality, a high degree of motivation, reliability and flexibility, along with an ability to work independently and constructively within a service-oriented team
- A degree in the life sciences or a good understanding of the field is advantageous
Your prospects: You will collaborate closely with the other members of the Scientific Management Team (incl. the Grants, Events, Communications & Training Offices). We offer a challenging and interesting position in a very international institute, remuneration according to your experience and the opportunity to learn from a very experienced team. IMB is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please email a cover letter, your CV (both in English), letters of reference and copies of your degrees as a single PDF to email@example.com. Please quote Ref. No. #WMAC01 in all communications. Informal enquiries should be addressed to Dr Chiara Galante (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Starting date: As soon as possible
Percentage employment & duration of contract: Between 30-50% until the end of 2021
Declaration of Consent and Data Protection
By sending us your application, you are consenting to us saving your personal data in order to carry out the selection process. You can find more information on data protection and retention periods at www.imb.de/jobs/Data Protection.