Sie sind hier
|Kontakt:||Frau Franca Buge|
The Helmholtz Centre Potsdam – GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences is the national centre for geosphere research. As a member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centres we are part of the largest scientific organization in Germany. With approximately 1,300 employees our key mission is to secure a profound understanding of the systems and processes of solid Earth, to develop strategies and options for action in addressing global change and its impacts on a regional level, to understand natural hazards and to minimize associated risks, to ensure the sustainable provision of energy and raw materials for a high-tech society and to evaluate the influence of human activity on system Earth.
For section 4.8 Geoenergy (department 4 “Geosystems”), we are looking for a:
Field Engineer in the domain of Geothermal Energy (f/m/x)
Reference Number 5390
We are researching the utilization of the upper crust for geothermal energy and storage systems for thermal energy and energy materials. We develop technologies for making use of the underground in the context of a sustainable, environmentally friendly energy supply. We focus on new domestic heating/cooling concepts that include hydrothermal and petrothermal heat, and develop options for geological storage of large amounts (TWh) of excess heat and energy carriers. The main purpose of our work in the Section Geoenergy is the exploration and development of reservoirs for energy purposes.
You will be responsible for designing, executing and evaluating wellsite operations in national and international geothermal research and development projects. You will get the opportunity for training and rapid advancement through extensive training measures in line with your profile.
- Assistance in borehole monitoring and logging (e.g., pressure, temperature, flow, fractures, and well integrity) with focus on fibre optics
- Assistance in well testing, artificial lift, hydraulic stimulation and production optimization
- Assistance in wellbore stability analysis, well integrity analysis, well path design and well completion design
- Procurement of system components
- Supervision and maintenance of the technology pool including winches, probes and logging accessories
- Planning, preparation, shipment, setup, coordination and supervision of instruments in the field
- Development of unique engineering solutions and data processing tools for the above-mentioned tasks
- Preparation of hazard assessments and safety analysis for field operations
- Communication with authorities, contractors and workshops
- University Degree from a Technical University (Diploma/Bachelor Degree) in an engineering subject, e.g. geotechnical engineering and mining, energy and raw materials; a degree in the field of geothermal energy/energy with corresponding experience and knowledge in drilling technology and/or borehole logging; training as a state-certified technician (f/m/x) specialized in drilling technology (or equivalent)
- Background in oil and gas field engineering, in geothermal energy development projects or in other deep drilling projects
- Hands-on experience in any of the above-mentioned responsibilities
- Training as safety officer for field operations is an asset
- Willingness to work at drill sites and to travel abroad
- Excellent communication skills for working in interdisciplinary and international teams
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and German
Start date: As soon as possible
Fixed-term: 2 years (with option of extension)
Salary: The salary bracket is determined by the provisions of the Collective Wage Agreement “TVöD Bund (Tarifgebiet Ost)” and the respective professional and personal qualifications. Depending on the number and qualification of applicants, an upgrading of the individual pay grade as well as a temporary skilled worker bonus of up to €1,000per month can be contemplated.
Working hours: Full-time (currently 39 h/week); The position is, in principle, suitable for part-time
Place of work: Potsdam
What we offer:
- Ambitious and varied tasks in a dynamic and international research environment
- State-of-the-art equipment
- Public service benefits
- Extensive training opportunities
- Flexible working hours and conditions
- Support with finding a good work-life balance offered by benefit@work
- Institute day-care centre on site
- Working at the Albert Einstein science park on the Telegrafenberg in Potsdam
- Work place within walking distance of Potsdam main train station, or just a short ride on the shuttle bus
Have we piqued your interest?
If so, we look forward to receiving your application by 1st October 2021 using the application form only.
The application should contain your CV along with a cover letter detailing your motivation and point by point how you fit the required qualifications.
Diversity and equal opportunities are integral components of our human resources policy. The GFZ actively promotes diversity and explicitly welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of ethnic and social origin, nationality, gender, sexual orientation and identity, religion/belief, age and physical characteristics. Anyone who has been recognized as severely disabled, will be given preferential consideration in the event of equal suitability and qualification in accordance with the provisions of the German Social Code IX. If you have any questions, please contact our representative for the severely disabled at firstname.lastname@example.org, who will be happy to assist you in the further application process. In case of further queries regarding gender equality, please do not hesitate to contact our Equal Opportunities Officer at email@example.com.
Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of conducting the selection procedure on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 b, Art. 88 GDPR in conjunction with Art. 26 of the Data Protection Act for the State of Brandenburg. After completion of the procedure, application documents will be deleted in compliance with data protection regulations.
In case of any further queries relating to the field of activity, please contact Dr. Hannes Hofmann either via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or under +49 (0)331-288-28739. If you have any general questions about the application process, please contact Ms Buge under +49 (0)331-288-28787.