Sie sind hier
The Faculty of Medicine is currently establishing a new center for cancer research, which is funded by a grant from the German Cancer Aid (Deutsche Krebshilfe). This center ("Mildred-Scheel Nachwuchszentrum" (MSNZ)) will house independent research groups led by both medical and life sciences researchers and is dedicated to excellent tumor research. It will interact closely with the Comprehensive Cancer Center (CCC) Mainfranken, a joint institution of the University Hospital and the University of Würzburg focusing on cancer medicine and tumor research. For the MSNZ, we look for a
Scientific Coordinator as a managing director (f/m)
- As coordinator of the MSNZ, you will be part of the MSNZ team and closely interact with the Interdisciplinary Center of Clinical Research (IZKF) and the CCC Mainfranken. Your tasks will include:
- Establishment and maintenance of partner contacts in the frameworks of MSNZ (e.g. industry contacts, technology transfer)
- Management of all administrative processes regarding budgeting and third-party funds
- Design and maintenance of the MSNZ website
- Organization of scientific events (CCC, MSNZ) and supervision of the committee work
- Participation in international career fairs
- Concept, design and implementation of an online scientific career toolkit
We are looking for a highly motivated and proactive person with a degree in life sciences and a knack for organizing. An excellent command of the English language is a prerequisite, as well as a good knowledge of German. You should enjoy interacting with people and be able to effectively communicate with different target groups (postdocs, group leaders, administrators, support staff etc.). While working as a part of a team, you should also enjoy taking over responsibility for your focus area and be able to represent the MSNZ to external and internal partners. We will give preference to candidates with additional experience in science management, project management or career counseling, especially if carried out in an international setting or demonstrating international mobility.
The initial contract will be for 5 years. Salary is according to the German TVL E 13. Applications of people with special needs are particularly welcome.
To apply, please electronically submit a CV, a list of publications and a two-page outline of your project to the MSNZ.
The deadline for the application is November 30th, 2018. The University of Würzburg and the University Hospital Würzburg are equal opportunities employers. Women, therefore, are especially encouraged to apply.
Ms. Sandra Stoudek