Sie sind hier
|Ms. Stefanie Büttner
Job advertisement reference number 79/2023
At the Faculty of Philosophy, Chair for Global History of the University of Erfurt / Research Unit on “Voluntariness” (FOR 2983, funded by the German Research Foundation), the following position with 26 hours per week is available as of April 1st, 2024:
Research Assistant (f/m/d)
Pay category E 13 TV-L (65 %)
Area of Responsibility
- Participation at the academic program of the interdisciplinary Research Unit on “Voluntariness” (funded by the German Research Foundation, https://www.voluntariness.org)
- Work on the sub-project “Voluntariness, Decolonisation and Gender: Women’s Movement and Citizenship in (Post-)Colonial Ghana” as part of the research portfolio of the Research Unit on “Voluntariness”
- Participation at the preparation and realization of events and joint publications of the Research Unit on “Voluntariness” as well as its public relations activities
- Further academic qualification within the framework of the project (PhD)
What we expect
- Excellent academic university degree in history (M.A.-level)
- Advanced knowledge in Global History, the history of Africa (preferably West Africa) or African Studies (focus on history)
- Ability to conduct and lead discussions, to present scientific results
- Experience in using common office applications and literature management programs (Endnote, Citavi)
- International experience, preferably attested by an extended stay abroad (study abroad/internship)
- Advanced knowledge of the English language; further language skills are desirable (West African languages in particular)
- Advanced knowledge in Governmentality Studies and Gender History are desirable
What we offer
The University of Erfurt promotes the compatibility of career and family/private life. To this end, it offers flexible working hours and various opportunities for further training. In addition, there are a number of health and prevention offers as part of the company health management.
The Research Unit on “Voluntariness” offers a coordinated work program as well as collaboration and exchange between researchers of different qualification levels and areas of expertise. Additionally, the University of Erfurt offers the opportunity to participate in structured career advancement programs.
The German version of this job advertisement alone shall be legally binding.
The position is limited to a period of 36 months according to the duration of the project.
The advertisement is addressed to applicants who fulfill the requirements of the German Act on Temporary Scientific Contracts (Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz). The general requirements for employment according to § 91 section 5 Thuringian Higher Education Act (Thüringer Hochschulgesetz) apply.
If you have a foreign university degree, it is necessary that you apply for a certificate application at the Central Office for Foreign Education (Zentralstelle für ausländisches Bildungswesen, ZAB). We recommend that you attach the corresponding certificate to your application documents, but you can also provide this certificate at a later stage of the process. Please note that this is a chargeable service provided by the ZAB. For more information, please visit www.kmk.org/zab/zeugnisbewertung.
The University of Erfurt is committed to diversity and gender equality. It has been audited as a "family-friendly university" and has received the rating "equality excellent" in the female professor programme. Men are underrepresented in this field and are strongly encouraged to apply. Severely disabled persons and those with equal status are given preference in the case of equal suitability, professional performance, and ability.
For questions regarding content, please contact the academic coordinator of the Research Unit on „Voluntariness“, Ms. Stefanie Büttner (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Application and Deadline
Please send your application with informative documents (cover letter, curriculum vitae, copies of certificates as well as master thesis) exclusively online by January 14th, 2024 via the application management system of the University of Erfurt.
In a second stage of the application process applicants may be asked to engage with the project outline on short notice.
Reimbursement of Expenses
The University of Erfurt does not refund any costs incurred in the application process.