Sie sind hier
|Kontakt:||Dr. Thorsten Agemar under the email Thorsten.Agemar@leibniz-liag.de|
The Leibniz Institute for Applied Geophysics (LIAG) invites applications for a fixed term until 31st Dec. 2024 with 100% of the working time for the position of a
Back End Developer (m/f/d)
Reference Number G 13/21 – “ArtemIS Back End“
Within the framework of the ArtemIS project, the geothermal information system GeotIS is being improved and expanded.
- - Updating data in the Geothermal Information System GeotIS
- - Database administration
- - Maintenance and improvement of the back end of GeotIS
- - Development of enhanced data visualisation
- - Development of interfaces for data import
- Updating software components
- Administration and configuration of the web server and peripheral IT infrastructure
- Carrying out system tests and monitoring
- Bug tracking and troubleshooting
- User and system documentation
- Completed university studies (Bachelor's degree or equivalent) in the field of geoinformatics, computer science or a comparable field; alternatively, other university studies (Bachelor's degree or equivalent) with professional experience in computer science.
- Knowledge of an object-oriented programming language (preferably Java)
- Knowledge of databases and SQL
- Knowledge of client-server architectures
- Knowledge of English (comparable to level A2 CEFR)
- Accurate, autonomous and methodical way of working
- Ability to communicate and work in a team
- High level of comprehension
- Experience in developing data models
- Experience in working with version management systems
LIAG enjoys an excellent reputation, both nationally and internationally. The institute is characterized by excellent infrastructural integration in the GEOZENTRUM Hannover, state-of-the-art and high-performance equipment (IT, laboratory, field), strong networking and a professional and friendly working-environment. LIAG supports further qualification of its employees.
Place of employment is Hannover. The salary for the position will be according to salary group E11 TV-L (Collective Agreement for public service of the German states), taking into account § 40 No. 5 TV-L (consideration of professional experience).
Applications from people of all nationalities, regardless of their origin, gender, religion or world-view, disability, age or sexual identity, are welcome. LIAG also pursues the goal of equal professional rights for women and men. We therefore particularly welcome applications from women. As part of flexible working hours, we offer you a responsible and varied job that is also suitable for part-time employees and the chance to return to work after parental leave.
The LIAG endeavors to increase the proportion of severely-disabled people, which is why they will be given preference if they are equally qualified.
Please submit your full application electronically (max. 10 MB), without a photo, and stating the job advertisement number G 13/21 and the keyword “ArtemIS-BackEnd” to email@example.com by 16th December 2021.