Sie sind hier
The Helmholtz Centre Potsdam – GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences is the national centre for geosphere research. As a member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centres we are part of the largest scientific organization in Germany. With approximately 1,500 employees our key mission is to secure a profound understanding of the systems and processes of solid Earth, to develop strategies and options for action in addressing global change and its impacts on a regional level, to understand natural hazards and to minimize associated risks, to ensure the sustainable provision of energy and raw materials for a high-tech society and to evaluate the influence of human activity on system Earth.
For the Human Resources department, we are looking for a:
Career Center Coordinator (f_m_x)
Reference Number 8843
The Career Center Telegrafenberg is a central point for career planning and professional development of early career researchers. We are seeking a parental leave representative (20 months) to provide active support to our multidisciplinary team.
- Researching new developments on the job market
- Conducting welcome and farewell meetings
- Analyzing the needs of early career researchers for training and networking
- Coordinating and facilitating events such as career days and career-focused seminars
- Conducting structured career coaching sessions
- Developing content for the Career Center newsletter and infographics
- Completed PhD in natural sciences
- Proven experience in career advice or career support for early career researchers
- Strong communication skills with diverse stakeholders (postdoctoral researchers, PI’s, group leaders, HR department)
- Professional level of English and good understanding of German
- Solid understanding of the German science system and in particular non-university research organizations such as the Helmholtz Association
- Confidence with networking in- and outside GFZ
What we offer:
- Ambitious and varied tasks in a dynamic and international research environment
- State-of-the-art equipment
- Public service benefits
- Extensive training opportunities
- Flexible working hours and conditions
- Support with finding a good work-life balance offered by benefit@work
- Institute day-care centre on site
- Working at the Albert Einstein science park on the Telegrafenberg in Potsdam
- Work place within walking distance of Potsdam main train station, or just a short ride on the shuttle bus
Start date: As soon as possible
Fixed-term: 31st August 2025
Salary: The position is classed as salary group 13 according to “TVöD Bund (Tarifgebiet Ost)”. The salary group is determined on the basis of the Collective Wage Agreement and the respective personal qualifications.
Working hours: Full-time (currently 39 h/week); The position is generally suitable for part-time work.
Place of work: Potsdam
Have we piqued your interest?
If so, we look forward to receiving your application by 11th December 2023. Please use our online application form only.
Diversity and equal opportunities are integral components of our human resources policy. The GFZ actively promotes diversity and explicitly welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of ethnic and social origin, nationality, gender, sexual orientation and identity, religion/belief, age and physical characteristics. Anyone who has been recognized as severely disabled, will be given preferential consideration in the event of equal suitability and qualification in accordance with the provisions of the German Social Code IX. If you have any questions, please contact our representative for the severely disabled at sbv[at]gfz-potsdam.de, who will be happy to assist you in the further application process. In case of further queries regarding gender equality, please do not hesitate to contact our Equal Opportunities Officer at gba[at]gfz-potsdam.de.
Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of conducting the selection procedure on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 b, Art. 88 GDPR in conjunction with Art. 26 of the Data Protection Act for the State of Brandenburg. After completion of the procedure, application documents will be deleted in compliance with data protection regulations.
In case of any further queries relating to the field of activity, please contact Dr. Annett Hüttges either via email at email@example.com or phone +49 (0)331-6264-28985. If you have any general questions about the application process, please contact our recruiting team at our phone number +49 (0) 331-6264-28787.