Sie sind hier
|Kontakt:||Frau Franca Buge|
The Helmholtz Centre Potsdam – GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences is the national centre for geosphere research. As a member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centres we are part of the largest scientific organization in Germany. With approximately 1,300 employees our key mission is to secure a profound understanding of the systems and processes of solid Earth, to develop strategies and options for action in addressing global change and its impacts on a regional level, to understand natural hazards and to minimize associated risks, to ensure the sustainable provision of energy and raw materials for a high-tech society and to evaluate the influence of human activity on system Earth.
For section 1.1 Space Geodetic Techniques, we are looking for a:
Software Developer (f/m/x)
Reference Number 5794
To support our global GNSS station network and the associated operational data center, we are looking for a geoinformatician (f/m/x) to start as soon as possible. Core responsibilities include the development and operational management of web services for GNSS data and metadata provisioning.
- Implementation of the Geodesy Markup Language at the GFZ
- Support of the data center in the management and processing of GNSS data and metadata
- Support of the further development of data related projects (e.g. development of results database for geodetic products, RINEX tool gfzrnx, development of web services)
- Support of the monitoring of our global station network
- Bachelor degree in geoinformatics or comparable (e.g. computer sciences, geodesy)
- Confident handling of scripting languages (PHP, Perl or Python) and experience in web development
- Basic geodetic knowledge and knowledge in the field of GNSS are an advantage
- Very good knowledge of English, both written and spoken
- Willingness to work in an interdisciplinary and international research environment
- High motivation and personal responsibility
Start date: As soon as possible
Fixed-term: 12 months
Salary: The position is classed up to pay group 10 according to TVöD Bund (Tarifgebiet Ost). The salary group is determined on the basis of the Collective Wage Agreement and the respective personal qualifications.
Working hours: Full-time (currently 39 h/week); The position is generally suitable for part-time work.
Place of work: Potsdam
What we offer:
- Ambitious and varied tasks in a dynamic and international research environment
- State-of-the-art equipment
- Public service benefits
- Extensive training opportunities
- Flexible working hours and conditions
- Support with finding a good work-life balance offered by benefit@work
- Institute day-care centre on site
- Working at the Albert Einstein science park on the Telegrafenberg in Potsdam
Work place within walking distance of Potsdam main train station, or just a short ride on the shuttle bus
Have we piqued your interest?
If so, we look forward to receiving your application by 23rd January 2022. Please use our online application form only.
Diversity and equal opportunities are integral components of our human resources policy. The GFZ actively promotes diversity and explicitly welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of ethnic and social origin, nationality, gender, sexual orientation and identity, religion/belief, age and physical characteristics. Anyone who has been recognized as severely disabled, will be given preferential consideration in the event of equal suitability and qualification in accordance with the provisions of the German Social Code IX. If you have any questions, please contact our representative for the severely disabled at email@example.com, who will be happy to assist you in the further application process. In case of further queries regarding gender equality, please do not hesitate to contact our Equal Opportunities Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of conducting the selection procedure on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 b, Art. 88 GDPR in conjunction with Art. 26 of the Data Protection Act for the State of Brandenburg. After completion of the procedure, application documents will be deleted in compliance with data protection regulations.
In case of any further queries relating to the field of activity, please contact Dr. Benjamin Männel either via email at email@example.com or phone +49 331 288-2815. If you have any general questions about the application process, please contact Ms Buge under +49 (0)331-288-28787.