Sie sind hier
|Kontakt:||TU Dresden, Prorektor für Forschung, Sprecher des DIGS-BB, Herrn Prof. Dr. Gerhard Rödel, Helmholtzstr. 10|
At TU Dresden the Dresden International Graduate School for Biomedicine and Bioengineering (DIGS-BB) offers a position as
Coordinator for Summer Schools and Grant applications
(Subject to personal qualification employees are remunerated according to salary group E 13 TV-L)
starting as soon as possible. The position entails 50% of the fulltime weekly hours with the possibility to go up to 75% of the fulltime weekly hours. The position is limited until 31.12. 2022. (time limitation pursuant to TzBfG).
The DIGS-BB is a leading institution in PhD training in the fields of life sciences, natural sciences and engineering. Currently about 100 PhD students conduct research in one of the 70 participating research groups and benefit from a structured training curriculum and extensive collaborative relationships with mentors and scientists from the Dresden life science campus.
Tasks: The position holder is responsible for the conception and implementation of international summer schools for outstanding doctoral students. Based on the establishment of these, funding applications for newly established Research Training Groups should also be designed. In detail, this will result in the following activities:
Conception, implementation and realisation of international Summer Schools:
- Conception of the scientific programme of the summer schools based on the current scientific status;
- Recruitment of renowned scientists for the implementation of the summer schools;
- Conception of the supporting programme including accommodation, catering, integration local doctoral candidates and social activities;
- Recruitment of suitable participants via selected marketing channels;
- Design and organisation of appropriate selection procedures for participants;
- Part of the selection committee including evaluation of the application documents;
- Monitoring, evaluation and quality assurance of the programme through of different methods (incl. evaluation by the participants and analysis of the this);
- Editorial and content management of the summer schools within the DIGS-BB homepage.
Conception, scientific coordination and application for funding for the establishment of new research training groups:
- Researching suitable funding opportunities and advising the DIGS-BB Board regarding suitable programs;
- Development and processing of a concept for the application for subsidies;
- Coordination with the scientists involved in the proposal;
- Editing and correction of the content of the contributions;
- Independent conception of the content of individual parts of the draft;
- Organisation and management of scientific symposia for concept development;
- Presentation of the concept to the responsible committees; incorporation of Proposed changes;
- Coordination of all work tasks and monitoring of compliance with set milestones;
- Preparation of the financial plans;
- Checking the overall applications for completeness and compliance with the regulations of the Support programmes;
- Control and management of the application and related reporting to the Scientific Council and the ZUV;
- Preparation of the project reports to the third-party funding bodies.
Requirements: university degree and preferably a PhD in the life sciences. She/he should possess a strong ability for organization. An excellent command of English and a very good knowledge of the German language are prerequisites. You should enjoy interacting with people and be able to communicate effectively with different target groups (predocs, postdocs, group leaders, administrators, support staff etc.). We expect a high degree of flexibility, teamwork skills, independence and commitment. We will give preference to candidates with (additional) experience in science management, project management or grant writing, especially if carried out in an international setting.
Applications from women are particularly welcome. The same applies to people with disabilities.
Please submit your comprehensive application including the usual documents by 11.02.2020 (stamped arrival date of the university central mail service applies) by mail to: TU Dresden, Prorektor für Forschung, Sprecher des DIGS-BB, Herrn Prof. Dr. Gerhard Rödel, Helmholtzstr. 10, 01069 Dresden, Germany. Please submit copies only, as your application will not be returned to you. Expenses incurred in attending interviews cannot be reimbursed.
Reference to data protection: Your data protection rights, the purpose for which your data will be processed, as well as further information about data protection is available to you on the website: https: //tu-dresden.de/karriere/datenschutzhinweis