Sie sind hier
|Kontakt:||Dr. Jula Zimmermann email@example.com|
The Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UFZ) with its 1,100 employees has gained an excellent reputation as an international competence centre for environmental sciences. We are part of the largest scientific organisation in Germany, the Helmholtz association. Our mission: Our research seeks to find a balance between social development and the long-term protection of our natural resources.
The "Helmholtz Interdisciplinary GRADuate School for Environmental Research (HIGRADE)", part of the staff unit DEVELOP - HR Development und Organisational Development, provides a framework for training and qualifying doctoral researchers on an international level. Our aim is to prepare young researchers for careers in a range of environmental fields, i.e. for taking over leading positions in research, management and education.
For more information please visit: www.higrade.de
The staff unit DEVELOP is offering the following vacancy at the nearest possible date:
Graduate school manager (f/m/x)
Full time position (39 hours per week), initially limited to 2 years (extension to permanent employment possible if personally and professionally qualified)
- Management of the graduate school: Team coordination, planning and prioritizing projects, reporting to the head of the staff unit
- Strategic development of the graduate school: Developing visions, monitoring trends and seeking best practice concepts in terms of training, supervision and quality assurance to continuously improve the program and support doctoral researchers
- Collaborations & networking: Cooperation with partners inside and outside UFZ; i.e. expanding cooperation with regional and international graduate programs and close collaboration with the UFZ Career Center
- Designing and coordinating the training program for doctoral researchers, including course offers in professional, methodological and interdisciplinary skills
- Guiding doctoral researchers: Consulting on all questions and challenges with regard to doing a PhD project
We seek a creative person with enthusiasm to create and improve the qualification program for young researchers and who enjoys working together with diverse teams.
- A PhD in natural or social sciences, ideally experience with interdisciplinary research
- Leadership and management skills; professional experience in coordinating and managing teams
- Professional experience in graduate training, science management
- Training and coaching skills; additional qualifications such as “train the trainer” and “systemic coaching” are beneficial
- Competence in planning and prioritizing tasks and precision in the implementation of concepts
- Team skills and excellent communication and networking skills
- Excellent skills in written and spoken English and German
- An exciting, safe workplace and varied tasks
- A corporate culture in which it is an enjoyment to contribute ideas, energy and initiative
- Interesting career opportunities and an extensive range of training and further education courses
- A vibrant region with a high quality of life and a wide cultural and a variety of offers for work-life balance
- Remuneration up to public-sector pay-grade 14 including public-sector social security benefits
Equal opportunities are an integral part of our personnel policy; we therefore particularly welcome applications from qualified women. Severely disabled persons are given priority where applicants are equally qualified.
Your contact for any questions you may have about the job:
Dr. Jula Zimmermann
Please submit you application including your CV, a letter of motivation, a reference letter, degree certificates. Please do not include a photo in your application.
Interviews are planned to take place 29 and 30 April 2019.
Please use our online application system for your application: https://recruitingapp-5128.de.umantis.com/Vacancies/1596/Application/CheckLogin/2?lang=eng&DesignID=00
More information about jobs at the UFZ: www.ufz.de/career