Sie sind hier
|Kontakt:||TU Dresden, cfaed, Professur für Netzwerk-Dynamik, Herrn Prof. Dr. Marc Timme, Helmholtzstr. 10|
Center for Advancing Electronics Dresden (cfaed)
At TU Dresden the Chair of Network Dynamics headed by Prof. Marc Timme at the Institute for Theoretical Physics affiliated with the Center for Advancing Electronics Dresden (cfaed) offers the position as a
Research Associate in Project Coordination
(Subject to personal qualification employees are remunerated according to salary group E 13 TV-L)
Terms: The position is planned to start as soon as possible. The position is offered as a 3-year appointment. The period of employment is governed by the Fixed-Term Research Contracts Act (Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz – WissZeitVG). Balancing family and career is an important issue. The post is basically suitable for candidates seeking part-time employment. Please note this in your application.
At the Chair of Network Dynamics, we strive to advance our conceptual understanding of collective dynamic phenomena in networks across fields and address questions about biology and bio-inspired computing, self-organised solutions for engineering as well as systemic questions on collective phenomena in future-compliant energy and mobility systems as well as sustainability.
- management of scientific projects and collaborations within academia and industry including management of third party funding (proposals, planning, administration, reporting), of scientific collaboration contracts and of project deadlines, budget and personnel
- organisation and support of scientific exchange (visits, interns, sabbaticals, talks, etc. of members of the Chair as well as national and international guests) and internal and external scientific events (workshops, conferences, symposia)
- management of research data and intellectual proprietary rights
- support of potential start-up activities
- coordination of research activities and outreach related to the design of business solutions and governance structures
- coordination of public relations activities (outreach to society and industry; website/s, wiki, and social media content, press contacts and press releases) incl. representing the Chair at national and international conferences, fairs and to the general public and publishing in peer-reviewed, international journals
- general administrative processes at the Chair, at cfaed and the ITP.
- good university degree (Master’s level) and ideally a PhD, in Physics (preferred), the exact sciences, Engineering, Computer Science or Applied Mathematics
- the willingness and capability to learn about the research topics, both from the fundamental and application perspectives
- experience in acquiring and managing project grants
- experience in publishing and presenting project results and organising/ moderating project events
- interest in innovation/science transfer, business management, governance, regional development, socio-economic physics/systemic sustainability
- good command of both English and German; very good at least in one of them
- excellent project management and organisational skills
- outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- a high level of resilience and professionalism
- independent work, personal commitment, reliability, flexibility, team player
- experience in interacting with industry and research administration (desired)
What we offer
You will join a team of enthusiastic international scientists driven by a passion to understand, conceptualise, and solve problems, both theoretically and practically. Your activities will be fostered by the cfaed philosophy to promote their staff, which includes: access to state of the art research of leading academic institutes, promotion of gender equality and family-friendly work environment.
Applications from women are particularly welcome. The same applies to people with disabilities.
Your application (in English only) should include: concise motivation letter (max. 2 pages), CV with publication list, names and contact details of at least two references, copy of degree certificate and proof of English language skills. Complete applications should be submitted preferably via the TU Dresden SecureMail Portal https://securemail.tu-dresden.de by sending it as a single pdf document quoting the reference number PD-ND 0320 in the subject header to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively by mail to TU Dresden, cfaed, Professur für Netzwerk-Dynamik, Herrn Prof. Dr. Marc Timme, Helmholtzstr. 10, 01069 Dresden, Germany. The closing date for applications is 16.04.2020 (stamped arrival date of the university central mail service applies). Please submit copies only, as your application will not be returned to you. Expenses incurred in attending interviews cannot be reimbursed.
Reference to data protection: Your data protection rights, the purpose for which your data will be pro-cessed, as well as further information about data protection is available to you on the website: https://tu-dresden.de/karriere/datenschutzhinweis
cfaed is a Central Academic Unit at TU Dresden. It brings together more than 100 researchers from the university and 10 other research institutes in the areas of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Materials Science, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics. cfaed addresses the advancement of electronic information processing systems through exploring new technologies which overcome the limits of today’s predominant CMOS technology. www.cfaed.tu.dresden.de
The TU Dresden is among the top universities in Germany and Europe and one of the eleven German universities that were identified as an ‘elite university’ in June 2012. As a modern full-status university with 18 faculties it offers a wide academic range making it one of a very few in Germany.