Sie sind hier
code no. 2018/CS 9
The place of employment is Hamburg, Germany
The Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht in Geesthacht, near Hamburg, and in Teltow, near Berlin, conducts materials and coastal research. You can find more information at http://www.hzg.de.
The Climate Service Center Germany (GERICS), a scientific organizational entity of the Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht, Centre for Materials and Coastal Research, invites applications for a Scientific Coordinator (m/f) for WCRP Regional Activities (CORA). The position is initially limited to 36 months.
You will coordinate the various WCRP activities, including the Core Projects and Grand Challenges, and will report to the Programme's Joint Scientific Committee (JSC). The office is shared between GERICS and the Bjerknes Centre in Bergen, Norway, where a corresponding position is being announced. Some travel may be expected.
· Promote and coordinate WCRP's Core projects and Grand Challenges in line with the WCRP strategic plans 2019-2028
· Contribute to synergy and integration between the various regional activities and WCRP's Core Projects
· Highlight opportunities, resources and partnerships that can help promote regional climate research within the WCRP
· Contribute to dissemination of WCRP´s activities through brochures and online media
· Schedule and organize science-specific meetings and courses conducted by WCRP
· Report on plans and progress at annual meetings
· Contribute to synergy and integration between WCRP and GERICS
Skills and experiences:
· A relevant scientific background and a PhD, preferably in Earth System Science, Environmental Sciences, Geography, Meteorology or related field
· Extensive experience of working in an international context
· Experience in management of projects and in the coordination of scientific work
· Experience of organizing meetings and conferences
· Fluent in spoken and written English
· Good interpersonal skills
Informal enquiries can be directed to Prof. Dr. Daniela Jacob (firstname.lastname@example.org).