Sie sind hier
The University of Freiburg invites applications for an EPICUR Project Manager in "Sustainability Studies" (75% E13)
For the European Universities Initiative, the University of Freiburg and seven partners in six countries successfully joined forces as EPICUR ("European Partnership for Innovative Campus Unifying Regions"). In the pilot phase, the EPICUR alliance will design and implement teaching and learning formats geared to a new generation of European citizens, to face the societal challenges of the Europe of tomorrow. Liberal Arts and Sciences Education (LE) is at the center of EPICUR's Work Package 3 (WP3) that, in Freiburg, is situated at University College Freiburg (UCF).
The successful candidates will be (co-)responsible for
- the project management of WP3 – at UCF, in Freiburg, and in collaboration with the EPICUR partners,
- developing the EPICUR study track "Natural and Societal Sustainability" (the second track being "European Identities"),
- developing and piloting collaborative EPICUR teaching and learning formats (e.g. excursions, summer schools, joint courses, instructor trainings); this includes a teaching load of approx. 4 contact hours per week and semester ("Semesterwochenstunden").
- knowledge transfer in Freiburg and with other EPICUR partners and work packages,
- project monitoring and strategy development, including steps towards a future European BA/BSc program in Liberal Arts and Sciences and contributing to the application for the next project phase.
We expect candidates to have
- project management and teaching experience in higher education – in Germany and ideally in a further EPICUR partner country (Austria, France, Greece, Netherlands, Poland),
- experience in a LE setting or at least a clear understanding of the LE educational philosophy,
- strong intercultural communication competencies as well as excellent German and English proficiency,
- organizational skills, creativity, and flexibility in international and interdisciplinary contexts,
- a strong academic background with an MA or MSc, preferably with a PhD, linked to the above-mentioned pilot study track "Natural and Societal Sustainability" and/or with an interdisciplinary focus:
- For the EPICUR theme "Natural and Societal Sustainability", we are looking for candidates with a broad overview and expertise on the interconnectedness of environmental, social, and economic aspects of sustainability. Applicants are welcome from the relevant natural as well as social sciences.
The University of Freiburg, University College Freiburg, and the EPICUR alliance offer you
- the opportunity to engage in innovative curricular development across national and disciplinary borders,
- an innovative LE-based work setting including strong partners such as Amsterdam University College,
- the opportunity to contribute to the establishment of a model European University based in Liberal Arts and Sciences Education.
Please consult the EPICUR website for information on the alliance and the UCF website for more on the Freiburg Liberal Arts and Sciences program. Paul Sterzel (UCF Managing Director, email@example.com, +49 761 203-97557) is available for questions. The initial contracts will run until 10/2022, with the possibility of extension. Please submit your complete application including cover letter, CV, diplomas, references in one PDF file with max. 5 MB by 02.12.2019 to Paul Sterzel.