Sie sind hier
|Kontakt:||Meike-Jana Kalb, 089 3187-3996|
|Ort:||85764 Neuherberg bei München|
Germany’s largest research organization, the Helmholtz Association, launches Helmholtz AI: This dedicated, interdisciplinary platform will compile, develop, foster and promote applied artificial intelligence (AI) methods nationwide for all Helmholtz Centers in collaboration with its external and university partners. Its central unit is currently being implemented in Munich, one of Germany's major hubs for applied AI, at the Helmholtz Center Munich.
For the establishment, coordination and implementation at our center we are inviting applications for a
Science Manager of the Central Unit of Helmholtz AI (f/m/d) 2020/0014
To cover the maternity leave of one of our employees, we will need additional support limited to one year (starting as soon as possible).
The overall purpose of this job is to manage a broad range of workstreams and funding lines, coordinating advisory and other boards and overseeing quality management. On these matters you will serve as a point of reference to the Helmholtz AI team and researchers across the whole Helmholtz Association. You are joining a growing unit, in a dynamic, open and international environment.
You will be
- managing a broad range of workstreams, most importantly Helmholtz AI Project Calls (e.g. from overseeing the review processes of proposals to ensuring efficient reporting) and the Helmholtz AI Voucher System (e.g. from establishing the project management and assignment of requests to the monitoring of running projects), establishing and upholding quality management guidelines
- providing strategic and operational structure for the governance of Helmholtz AI, e.g. for regular meetings of the Steering Board and the Scientific Advisory Board
- cultivating and stewarding interactions with various stakeholders, e.g. the Helmholtz AI Local Units and the Helmholtz Association’s Head Office
- supporting the organization in the delivery and evaluation of various scientific events for Helmholtz AI (e.g. hackathons, network meetings, workshops as well as international conferences)
- sharing our enthusiasm for promoting AI and nurturing our friendly, cooperative environment where everyone’s contribution is valued
- a MSc-level university degree in life, computer or natural science; a data science background and a PhD are considered plusses
- experience in scientific project management; experience in quality management is considered a plus
- breadth of interest in the research areas of the Helmholtz Association and in Artificial Intelligence
- analytical and critical thinking skills to identify key considerations for a given issue or project
- a collaborative and creative approach
- attention to detail and the ability to diligently manage a broad range of different responsibilities in your own time
- the ability to interact with representatives of the scientific community and administrators at all levels of seniority
- strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- excellent verbal and written fluency in English and German
- very good working knowledge of MS-Office applications; experience with or affinity for project management software is a plus
We offer you
- a stimulating and varied field of work and the freedom to develop new ideas
- the opportunity to get things moving
- extensive and goal-orientated professional development measures
- a good work/life balance for which we offer assistance in the shape of:
- flexible working hours
- in-house health management
- a nursery directly at the campus
- "Elder Care" concept as well as other consultation and support options
Having been awarded the "Total E-Quality" seal we endorse a system of equal opportunities. In order to increase the proportion of women in management positions, we would be pleased to receive corresponding applications. Severely disabled candidates are given preference if they are of equal merit concerning the position in question.
Remuneration and benefits are in accordance with the collective agreement for the public service (TV EntgO Bund).
The position is (initially) limited to one year (to cover a maternity leave), the possibility of a longer-term perspective exists.
Curious? If you have further questions, simply contact Meike-Jana Kalb on 089 3187-3996, who will be happy to be of assistance.
We are looking forward to receiving your comprehensive online application.
Helmholtz Zentrum München
Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
Ingolstädter Landstr. 1
85764 Neuherberg near Munich
The Helmholtz Zentrum München is part of the Helmholtz Association, Germany's largest scientific organization. Altogether 40 000 people currently work in its 19 scientific-technical and biological-medical research centers. The Association's annual budget amounts to around 4.7 billion Euros.